Monday, May 22, 2006

OHHHHH NOOOOO!!!!


"Mr McGee... don't make me angry... you wouldn't like me when I'm angry..." -Incredible Hulk

Sometimes I know that people feel that I can be "overly sensitive". Not like "aaaawwww, look at the cute baby" or "that movie was so touching"sensitive. More like "I hate the Dallas Mavs and hope that Mark Cuban loses all his money, wife, and is back at being just a geek." kind of sensitive. Well tonight (15 minutes ago) the San Antonio Spurs lost their '06 playoff series. That is not what I wanted to write about, instead I want to write about something my wife said. At the end of the game my wife looked down at my dog Chloe and said "Well, daddy is gonna be real moody tonight." Ouch!

I wish I could control my mood like Jesus. He was awesome at that. For example, while standing in front of Pilate, Pilate asks Jesus many questions. Pilate asks, "Are you the king of the Jews?" and Jesus calmly responds "It is as you say." It is as you say!!! I would be like, "Hey dude, dont be a moron I am God's son. I am so powerful that I am not only king of Jews but I am king of YOU!!! However instead he just respond peacefully.

I am trying hard to be more like Him, but its something that creeps up on my like Lou Ferrigno in the Incredible Hulk. Like the other day I am driving down the highway and am about to exit. I am not in a rush, I am actually heading to a Youth Ministers meeting at Chuy's (Mexican food joint) and I am gonna be real early. After I exit I am driving down the access road when someone pulls out of a shopping center and cuts across 4 lanes just to get over to the turnaround. Now this area is ALWAYs busy so leaving that center you are bound to cut someone off unless you wait there for a couple of days. So anyway this person pulls out cuts across and cuts off me and 3 other drivers. I slam on the brakes and here comes the Hulk. I want to plant the grille guard of my 1/2 ton in the back of that over-priced luxury suv. How dare they disrespect me like that. As I get closer the the person on thier side in order to stare them down I realize that this is a parent of a youth I minister to. Boy didnt I feel like a capital "J" "E" "R" "K".

My wife made a good point "Do you want my son to grow up and be like that?" No of course not. Jesus let me be like you so he will not be like me!

1 comment:

Christopher said...

I'm not sure he was always under control. Mary makes him lose it at Lazarus's grave. He wept over Jerusalem before Palm Sunday. He was a pretty passionate guy, and he loves the Mavs!