Friday, September 22, 2006

The Spirit of Aggieland


Last Saturday night, despite getting sick, was a great night. I went with some friends to watch Texas A&M play Army at the Alamodome in San Antonio, TX. Before the game my friend Ian had to wait on a colleague from work to give a ticket to. As we were waiting I saw some old familiar faces, it was some of my buddies from my days as a cadet at Texas A&M. I haven't seen most of those guys in almost 5 years. I think it is awesome how despite time and distance people can maintain a close bond like we do. Without skipping a beat we were reminiscing about days past and times we had. Sometimes I miss those days and wish I could go back. The game was so-so. I wished we had beat Army by a little more, but it made the game more exciting to see it come down to the wire. As we left the game I called my wife and she told me that when her and my son Connor were watching the game and the Aggies did not convert on 4th down in the final minutes, my son spit up all over his aggie outfit that he was wearing. At that moment I knew that he truely was my boy. I also realized no matter how great the days of my past might have been or how much I miss it. The days before me are just a precious. Thank you God for my past, present, and future.

1 comment:

Mommy said...

God bless Fisher Price. We would have never made it if we didn't have this swing. Connor slept in the papasan rainforest swing for 4 months. Then another 5 months in our bed. Finally, at 9 months we put him in his crib. Now at 18 months he is in a toddler bed. My how time has flown by.