Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Dang it feels good to be a man!!!



Today my wife went to visit her OBGYN. (She's pregnant, my wife that is) I was able to have a up close view of what women commonly refer to as the stirrups. A contraption that is built in order for women to have their woohoo checked. Oh yeah and this is supposed to happen monthly. For a man one of the worst things that we could have is a prostate exam. This is not a pleasant experience at all. I had my first about 8 months ago, and havent been able to look the doc in the face since then. If you dont understand what happens then let me tell you: The exam may be performed by a doctor or a specially trained person called a sonographer. For some patients, an enema is used before ultrasound of the prostate (another first for me). Because your prostate gland is located immediately in front of your rectum, the transducer is covered with a condom, lubricated, and placed into your rectum. Sounds like fun, huh? Well, anyways now that I have gone down that rabit-trail back to why is is good to be a man. No stirrups everymonth. No pains of birth. No special doctor with an evil sounding name (OBGYN!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gross