Monday, January 16, 2006

The Unknown


Life is an adveture into the unknown. Everything I do seems to be a step into the unknown. Like when I leave from my house I don't know that there is going to be some girl talking on a cell phone while driving a Lexus that her daddy probably bought for her. Who then slams on here brakes because she nearly missed her turn from being so distracted by her phone conversation. She didnt know that that the person behind her is holding in his passenger seat a bag from Chick-fil-A. Nor did she know that this person would have to slam on his brakes to avoid hitting her causing all contents of that Chick-fil-A bag to fly everywhere.
This event did not make me as mad as much as it made me aware of the unknown. Things that God sees way before we were ever born. Things that make you ask God, "Why?" As I crouched over on the side of the road cleaning up the coleslaw and barbeque sauce that has now coated the floor board of my truck. I realized that I am doing something at that moment which I had not planned. I am a planner and for a planner you cant have the unkown happen. But the unknown is going going to happen like death and taxes.
I find strength in God through the unkown. Last night as I was leaving youth (by the way I am a youth minister), I was feeling dejected because I felt my message was missed. However as I am getting into my truck one 13 year-old girl told me that the Lord was "totally" speaking to her. Praise you LORD!!!
Its the lowest times in life wew find His strength. I am reminded of a part in the second letter from Paul to a Church in Corinth. 2 Corinthians 5:7-10 (7We live by faith, not by sight. 8We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. 9So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it. 10For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.)

No comments: