Wednesday, January 11, 2006

My First Blog

This is my first ever blog. I have had webpages and online journals, but I guess this is different. I am probably the very last of all my friends to blog. A day late and a dollar short is the story of my life. Its not that I try to keep up with the "Jones'" but I do like new stuff. I don't NEED new stuff but I like it.
The title of my blog, "My Aldersgate Experience", is based on John Wesley's own personal life changing experiences that he had at certain part of his life. At a Moravian band meeting on Aldersgate Street in London, England(May 24, 1738), as he listened to a reading from Luther's preface to his commentary on Romans, Wesley felt his "heart strangely warmed." I too am at a point in my life where I am feeling my heart strangely warmed and growing; through my ministry, as a youth minister, and through my family, as a husband and soon to be father.

No comments: