Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Can't Please Everyone

Today has been a stressful one. The issue that I have been dealing concerns our church's student mid-week bible studies. In a perfect world, the congregation of the church that hired me to run their student ministries would let me run the student ministries. When I make a decision about bible studies, I make the decision with a bit of discernment. Meaning I put it to prayer, I talk to people, and then I make a decision. I thought I had made a good decision and most people seem to approve, however right before I am about to turn in for the night I decide to check my email. BIG MISTAKE! Now I am sitting here stressed out because I am starting to feel like I cannot do anything right. I am not gonna go into the details of the email. I just was annoying enough to bother me.

I made the best decision... I am gonna stick to it and thats it. By the way... the decision was to spilt up our High School bible study because of growing numbers. That should be a good problem, right?

God, give me the strength and calm my nerves so that I can continue to do your will.

2 comments:

David said...

I wish you all the best in your changes. For your sanity, I would suggest writing out your reasons, and being prepared with the same answer for each person who asks.
You do know what you are doing, you have the hope of the future at hand, and as one mentor in youth ministry shared with me about such situations - no one died, so you're still good (a bit over-the-top, but helpful to me at the time, I hope it does the same for you)
Peace,
David

ian said...

Please post the contents of the aforementioned email.